Weather remains too warm. And far too windy. Sheesh. We had a 60% chance of rain yesterday. Well, we got a few drops. There were some very severe storms that I did not want, but rain would have been nice. One town near Topeka Kansas was hit hard. Said that 40% of the town gone. Very sad.
I was gone all weekend. Left at 0700 on sunday morning from Salina. We headed towards Wichita and then south to Oklahoma. Lunch was at Eskimo Joe’s in Stillwater next to the university. Great place. Upper and lower levels. Awesome burgers with a sundae to finish the meal. Then onward to the south.
We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Catoosa OK. We had awesome rooms! I chose not to gamble. I never win. We were just in Las Vegas and I just ordered some new clothes. Saved my money. We ate at the potato buffet there for supper and breakfast. Great food.
Sunday evening we went to Broken Arrow OK. to see Blast!. They are a brass and drum corp that dance, play, sing. There are various other instruments and flags and whatever they twirled and tossed. It was an amazing show. Would love to see them again. Will post a video of them in the post.
Monday we went to Claremore OK. We stopped at the Will Rogers Memorial. An awesome museum! I could have spent all day there. Did not see it all. Then it was lunch at The Pink House. It is a tea house with an awesome menu. Great meal.
Not sure why, but we were almost 2 hrs. late getting home. No problem. I will say that the places we ate were great. There were 92 people traveling together. How they could plan on feeding 92 at one time is beyond me. I traveled with my friend Elly. We have such fun together. Also on the bus was a former coworker from my hospital days, Theora. We talked about old times back in the days. What fun!! Must call her to meet again,.
Today was fairly quiet. Just acupuncture. Then I took myself out to eat at Jalisco’s. Where else??? One of the waiters has decided I am ok. He is fun! Nice to get some attention.
I did notice something odd this weekend. I do not sleep well so I took a anti-anxiety pill to sleep saturday nite. I had no back pain. And all weekend I had much less back pain. But it was back until tonite. Hmmm.
Here is a video of Blast!.
र्षा, बारिश, आज आया. हीट गुंबद दूर जा सकते हैं.
***See my day in photos here.***